View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 11:19 AM   #3
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Paul, please provide details of McConnell and Paul opposing aid to other states that suffered. Did they simply not care that people
we’re suffering? Seems to me that Paul didn't care based on his past commentsor was there something else going on?Look it up. Paul's comments are well known.
Don't know anything about McConnell

data shows that conservatives aren’t any less generous or charitable than liberals. we’ve discussed that ten times. i know you don’t like it, but that doesn’t make it false.Never said it was false. but every time I've told you that it includes charity to their church/private school so my donation to my church really doesn't benefit the community at large the same as a donation to say the American Red Cross.

and when looking at the amount of federal taxes that go to certain states, you can’t just compare dollars. not every state has massive military basses for example, and states that do, will get federal money that other states don’t get, and there’s nothing “hypocritical” about that. there’s 100 reasons why certain states might get tons of federal money and there’s nothing improper about those funds. there may be some of what you’re describing, but you can’t just look at total dollars spent by state, that’s misleading.

federal funds going to a red state, isn’t necessarily a violation of conservatism. conservatives aren’t opposed to big spending on military, border security, etc. it’s not all welfare to individuals.

showing federal funds that are specifically allocated to things like individual welfare, comparing that by state, would be interesting. need to know why there more money going to certain states.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Bottom line is that the states which receive more $ from the Fed are mostly R leaning and the states that send more to the Fed then they receive are mostly D leaning yet those states which gladly take the $ from the Fed. criticize the govern/taxes and the D donor states.

If a state doesn't want stimulus $, don't take it but it seems hypocritical to complain about it and then gladly take the $.