View Single Post
Old 12-20-2021, 09:26 AM   #26
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Because you fall for the claim that the existence of structural racism means that you are a racist if you are white.

Claiming that we are under a system of white privilege is claiming that whites are racist unless they renounce their privilege. Which would require that whites abandon those things that actuate their privilege. Which would amount to abandoning notions such as the so-called work ethic, the nuclear family, and rigorous, meaningful education. Whites who practice the things that actuate their privilege, are far more likely to "succeed" in our current "system." Blacks who practice those things are also far more likely to succeed than Blacks or whites who don't.

But, it is claimed by many, if not most, CRTers, blacks who engage in "whiteness," who act white, are not authentic and are in bondage to the white privilege system--they participate in a soft slavery that supports that system.

Democracy is not in danger because we're polarized. We're polarized because it's a strategy to make it more difficult to see where the real danger to democracy comes from.

From the Kochs to the Heritage Foundation to the GOP, the "true aim" has been to kneecap liberal democracy in order to unshackle concentrated wealth. The strategy is to sow racial and social strife. The goal, though, is rule by the rich.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Democrats are also in on this strategy of concentrated wealth and sowing racial strife--in my estimation, even more so. Which is why I have been saying that political Progressivism is actually a regression to the ancient rule by some elite, whether it be monarchy, oligarchy, dictatorship . . . or any form of unchecked central authority. And why I have said that our Constitution is still a new form of "rule" that makes individual freedom more possible within a functioning organized society. Anarchism would be freer, but humanity doesn't yet seem suited to such ultimate freedom.