Thread: Trump
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 01:49 PM   #429
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I think 7 House Ds objected to the 2016 election. 147 R objected to the 2020 election. There never where any D plans to decertify any states elections and flip the electorial votes like the Rs tried to do. So even an actuary should know is a difference of magnitude bt the 2.
"I think 7 House Ds objected to the 2016 election. 147 R objected to the 2020 election"

Correct. The house Ds objected to multiple states, I think the Rs in 2020 only objected to PA? Is that correct? I may be wrong.

"There never where any D plans to decertify any states elections and flip the electorial votes like the Rs tried to do"

Please explain. If the Rs only objected to PA (maybe I'm completely wrong about that?), even if PA switched, that wouldn't have changed the election.

You're very conveniently ignoring that some democrats asked the electors to not vote for Trump. That was an attempt to get someone else elected.

Some of you have said that Trumps crime was undermining public confidence in our elections. How did the democrats who voted to object, not cause the public to lose confidence in our elections?

And why do democrats (if they think democracy is good) use superdelegates in their primaries? The superdelegates exist for one reason only - to un-do the will of the people, if the kingmakers wish to do so.

Paul, I'm admitting that what Trump did was awful, and I desperately don't want him to run again. But none of you, not one, can find any fault with a single thing the democrats did after the 2016 election, nor can you condemn the 2020 riots. Because nothing can be wrong when democrats do it. Rioting, trying to undermine election results you don't like, making false claims of election fraud - those things only matter when republicans do them.