Thread: Trump
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 01:58 PM   #431
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"

You're very conveniently ignoring that some democrats asked the electors to not vote for Trump. That was an attempt to get someone else elected. From what I remember they didn't want to change the election to Clinton - it was more they objected to Trump being elected. And there were never any plans to have states say we aren't listening to the voters and instead we are going to send these other electors who happen to want a Pres. who didn't get the most votes in the state.

Some of you have said that Trumps crime was undermining public confidence in our elections. He continues to say day in and day out there was fraud when there was none. Even in the states who have recounted there has been none turned up. How did the democrats who voted to object, not cause the public to lose confidence in our elections?BC the magnitude of who said it - the Pres vs some 7 congressman.

And why do democrats (if they think democracy is good) use superdelegates in their primaries? The superdelegates exist for one reason only - to un-do the will of the people, if the kingmakers wish to do so.

Paul, I'm admitting that what Trump did was awful, and I desperately don't want him to run again. But none of you, not one, can find any fault with a single thing the democrats did after the 2016 election, nor can you condemn the 2020 riots. Because nothing can be wrong when democrats do it. Rioting, trying to undermine election results you don't like, making false claims of election fraud - those things only matter when republicans do them. Different degree of magnitude.
Edit - and to me it isn't about Trump as much as the others who are afraid to call him out on his lies. There are very few Rs congressman who admit he lost.

And from an article today (2 undermining confidence in our elected officials):

On the show, hosted by Stephen K. Bannon, one of Mr. Trump’s top former advisers, Representatives Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene laid responsibility on Democrats, the Capitol Police, the federal government and others.

The idea that people other than Mr. Trump’s own supporters were responsible for the violence that day has become a popular conspiracy theory among the far right. There is no evidence that undercover agents or other outsiders played a role in the attack and fact checkers have worked to debunk similar claims aired on Fox News. The pair of lawmakers offered little evidence for their claims during the show.

Mr. Gaetz, a Florida Republican, repeated some of the unfounded claims on Thursday, including that the government and police tried to set up the protesters.

“We’re here to get to the truth behind Jan. 6, the federal government’s own involvement with it,” Mr. Gaetz said in his hourlong interview on “Bannon’s War Room.”

Last edited by PaulS; 01-06-2022 at 02:18 PM..