Thread: Trump
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 01:57 PM   #496
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I think the congressional republicans are exactly as guilty, as the democrats in 2016 who urged electors to not vote for the candidate who won, and exactly as guilty as the congressional democrats in 2016 who voted to challenge the election results in more states than the GOP challenged in 2020.

In all those cases, the losing party acted like spoiled brats and were willing to undermine the constitution rather than graciously accept defeat.

I don't care if we ignore it, talk about it,. arrest them, or execute them. But let's apply the same standard to everyone who refuses to accept election results. You all only care when Republicans do it.
None of them had a plan to get the Vice President to ignore his constitutional duties, nor did they abdicate their own duties.
If you look at the 2016 election, Never Trumpers were a significant force in pressuring electors to not vote for Trump.
Many of the reasons for doing so have since proven to be valid.

There is no valid whatabout.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin