Thread: Trump
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 07:24 PM   #507
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Yea I did
It called for Pence to do other than his responsibility as outlined in the Constitution
There’s a reason that when he asked Republicans who he luckily respected, that he decided to follow their recommendations and do his duties.
I asked if Navarro's plan was unconstitutional. You implied that it wasn't following the Constitution. Theoretically, if one senator and one representative object to a slate of electors, the Senate and House will vote separately on whether to discard them. It would not be unconstitutional for a senator and a representative to make such an objection. But it would have to be done before certification. This has already happened in the past. But the VP can overrule the objection.

Navarro's plan had no chance of succeeding unless it actually could have somehow created enough national attention and desire for investigations into the objected elections. But, according to Navarro, the Jan6 riots took away the opportunity to make the objections before certification took place.

I don't see how it was unconstitutional or a "coup" or a threat to "our democracy."