View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 03:01 PM   #305
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"came the Jim Crow era "

like slavery, Jim Crow was also supported by democrats, and opposed by Republicans.

"For the past twenty years to bid on federally funded projects I’ve been required to prove that I’ve solicited quotes from women and minority owned firms, never has been a hard task and the numbers of such firms have grown."

I never said it was hard. I said it was stupid.

When I interview for a spot, and a perfect candidate comes along, I snatch him up, I don't want to say "please wait by the phone, don't interview anywhere else, I just have to go through the motions of interviewing people who have specific skin color and genitalia."

Sane people, don't think that someone's skin color or gender say anything about who they are. Rational people know, that things which we have no control over, do not define us.

Liberals disagree, because race is everything. Dividing people into little boxes based on race and gender, is crucial to democrats. Republicans could care less.

Pete' everything you need to know is in that sentence from MLK that TDF quoted, and it shows how asinine liberalism is on the subject.

I can't help but notice that for all liberals claim to care about blacks, liberalism doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot of good in black urban areas. i lived outside of New Haven for 24 years, worked in downtown Hartford for 15 or so years. Those cities are declining rapidly. Liberalism has been a Holocaust for blacks, the only statistic you need to look at which explains everything, is rate of fatherlessness. Which conservatives want to address, liberals want to ignore.

I really, really can't wait to see what happens with Hispanics in November, and what the liberal reaction is. Let's see liberals celebrate open borders if Hispanics are no longer a reliable democrat voting block. That may be a pipe dream of mine, but the VA results and recent polling suggest a rightward shift among Hispanics.
Jim
Everything you need to know about systemic racism and that it exists is contained in how that quote from MLK is used.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin