View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 04:18 PM   #86
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Jim, you lied.

From the article you linked.

The murder rate was estimated to be 6.9 murders per 100,000 people in 2021. The 1996 murder rate was 7.4.

So how is 6.9 higher than 7.4?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
highest in 25 years. highest “since” 1996.

2021 - 1996 = 25.

i am sorry if i had a typo or something paul. the murder rate is the highest it’s been, since 1996. that was the last time it was higher than it is now.

In the early 1990s, crime was awful. So the country got serious about fighting crime. It worked. Crime dropped significantly.

here’s the difference between the two sides. After decades of tough anti crime laws and decreasing crime, a conservative would say “crime is low, which shows that what we did, worked.”

A liberal says “crime is low, therefore we don’t need all those laws, all those cops, all those prisons.”

They just don’t know how to interpret empirical results. which his exactly why liberals in Ct, every two years, say that “tax and spend is sure to work this time!”.

Liberals right now, have a softer spot for criminals than for victims. they will get judged for that. They may not like the outcome. it’s not a great time in history to decide that cops are the enemy, and that criminals are the victims. They made that bed, they can lie in it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device