View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 05:27 PM   #89
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You're right I read it wrong and I apologize. Everything I have ever read says criminologist really don't know why the crime rate dropped from those historic highs in the 90s. Nor do they know why there has been a big increase in the last 2 years. The 2020 increase was gigantic and if I remember correct the 2021 is estimated to be another increase but its not as high percentage wise as in 2020. I thought I read that criminologist think the pandemic helped cause a decrease in minor crimes but an increase in Major Crimes. Again. I should not have said you lied and I apologize.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
that’s not exactly the Stephen Hawking of criminologists who has no idea why crime dropped after we got tough on crime. when you put criminals in prison and keep them
there for awhile, how can crime not go down?

NYC was an absolute jungle. Guilliani got very tough in crime, crime went down. Deblasio undid that tough stance on crime, and crime increased.

those things could be a coincidence. common sense says there’s a connection, doesn’t it? ask parents, teachers, etc….sometimes guy have to get tough to stop unwanted behavior.

covid also likely plays a role as isolation doesn’t help
anyone’s mental health.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device