View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 03:57 PM   #140
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The one that looks at history.

If you think that capitalism works best with fewer and fewer people controlling more and more assets you have never understood Adam Smith, Karl Marx, Totalitarianism or basic history. Capitalism is a force for innovation and ingenuity. Not a force for owning competition.

Every innovation in human society that led to economic growth has led to a class that wants to stop having the rules of the game apply to it so as to preserve their wealth, when in fact, there is more wealth for them in the system being healthy and not skewed in their favor.

The point is that unregulated capitalism is inherently bad for society as a whole and yet capitalism when tempered with social justice and govt regulation is a powerful engine that has done more for the human condition than any form of economic system.

The innovation that company’s like microsoft, google and facebook have stymied by buying their competitors can’t be calculated.

Just keep believing what you’re fed.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
we have a constitution that other countries don’t have.

i would t say it’s fair that the wealthy get wealthier, but it’s nonsense to say it’s problematic.

pete, how would you stop it? would
yiu pass a law saying that once your net worth hits some limit, that you’re not allowed to invest anymore?

how would anyone be better off if the wealthy all put their money in their mattresses? how would that help anyone?

who said anything about “unregulated capitalism’? we have tons of regulations.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device