View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 06:23 PM   #144
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Progressives believe that the only way society can "progress" is by government force. Regulations are only successful if there are enough of them. A society regulated only to the point in which things like the top 1% own 70% of the wealth is a society that, virtually, is not regulated.

The conundrum is that regulations have been the means given to the few to grow so wealthy. Authoritarians have not figured out a way to stop themselves from partaking in the wealth-fest.
I would contend that a supposedly free society where 1% own 70% of the wealth is regulated by that 1% by controlling the forces that elect officials for their own benefit.
But you seem to claim that the rest of the world is stagnant and in all instances without growth, though why anyone would give a #^&#^&#^&#^& about growth if the benefits to them were de minimus is the cause of the “great resignation” in this country.
Notice that this has not occurred throughout the developed world.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin