View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 05:34 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
We pay for every person we imprison, far better to have them be functioning members of society than locked up.

I’d do what I had to if my kid had that issue and I have no problem with giving addicts proper care and assistance.

Let’s hope none of us have to “drag my kid by the hair into rehab”, if it happens you’ll find out it’s not that simple.

You think addicts parents are all at fault?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"We pay for every person we imprison"

I am aware that it's not free. Every sane person is happy to pay taxes to keep some people in prison.

"far better to have them be functioning members of society than locked up."

I am pretty sure that most people who are in prison, are there specifically because they weren't acting like functioning members of society, prior to being put into prison..

I agree it would be better if we had more productive citizens, and fewer prison inmates. You seem to be saying that the only thing stopping prisoners from being productive members of society, is being in prison? You think if we let them all go, they'd all be productive citizens? Are you under the impression that we pick functioning citizens at random, and put them in prison?

"I’d do what I had to if my kid had that issue and I have no problem with giving addicts proper care and assistance."

Nobody has a problem with giving them "proper care". The question is, is it "proper care" to enable them to continue to do hard drugs?

"if it happens you’ll find out it’s not that simple."

When did I say its simple? When you kid's life is at stake you do what's right, even if it's not simple. Simple doesn't even factor into it.