View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 06:36 PM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Exon, Chevron, Shell, BP all seeing highest profit in 8 years, while gas prices are the highest in 7 years, must be inflation and Bidens fault. Couldn’t possibly be price gouging we are all seeing by corporate greed.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Those companies also got creamed when gas prices plummeted in 2020. If they had the ability to set price unilaterally, they'd have never let gas prices get that low.

The president has some impact om gas prices, but there are other more powerful forces. Gas prices didn't plummet in 2020 because of Trump, they plummeted because covid destroyed global demand.

Biden isn't responsible for all of the price increases, prices would have gone up regardless because global demand is rebounding. But Biden is seen as less friendly to the gas industry than Trump, which fuels speculation that supply will decrease.

Like it or not, the president often gets blamed for what happens on his watch/ George Bush had very little, if anything, to do with the subprime mortgage crisis, but it happened on his watch, and the left sure didn't complain about the unfairness of it.

Similarly, Biden will own this.

On the flipside, the virus is dissipating, and that would have happened regardless of who won in 2020 (we were vaccinating almost a million people a day before Biden took office), and Biden will get credit for that.

I'm just surprised his polling is this low, this consistently. I'm not complaining, but I'm surprised.