View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 09:40 AM   #52
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
yes it was your position yesterday. you said no one cared about crack, then oxy came along and white kids were dying and people cared. which means that non-white kids were predominantly the ones dying before.

I posted a study from the ACLU which clearly shows it was predominantly a black issue. is the ACLU wrong?

“drug use was a moral failure.”

drug use IS a moral failure. when you freely choose to take drugs for the first time, you’re being an unbelievable moron. everyone knows the dangers. becoming an addict is a disease that no one chooses. but every single person makes a free choice to use it the first time. and you deserve to be ridiculed for making such a profoundly stupid choice.

“you have no experience in addiction”.

except my brother being a raging alcoholic who has struggled
mightily his entire adult life, i’ve been to at least 30 AA meetings with him. and dragged him to rehab several times, paid his mortgage and heating bills God knows how many times, prayed for him god knows how many times, called his sponsors god knows how many times, cried like a baby for him god knows how many times.

Never once, did it ever occur to me, that i could help him by making it easier for him to drink.

Wayne, you struggle with simple and straightforward facts that are right in front of you. You’re wrong about what you yourself said yesterday! Stop trying to assume things about me. You stink at it.

“every past program to treat addiction has a great track record.”

how’s the track record for places that coddle and enable addicts? is that working in san francisco and portland?

Can you please, please address that question?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

having a brother being an alcoholic. ( is tough) and it a personal window into the horrible world of addiction. But that experience isn’t what I was referring to. Many of us have that experience or we know some one trapped in the circle of addiction, And it’s personal and these people are victims of addiction also .

.. Yet it seems it didn’t help you’re understanding of addiction . From a Treatment’s prospective, If you think his addiction is his moral failure or is that reserved for drug users ? and if you think needle exchange and safe injection sites
Or housing for addicts is some how to promote and encourage drug usage

The Treatment and the message for addiction is simple don’t use don’t drink . but the path to get these people to accept the message is much harder

So in a nut shell the use CRACK PIPE by Republicans was targeting Blacks , not meth pipe , not weed pipe , but Crack

And also Jim your crusade That the Dems are targeting blacks to get Abortions is more regurgitate talking points by guess who

Antiabortion activists, including some African-American pastors, have been waging a campaign around this fact, falsely asserting that the disparity is the result of aggressive marketing by abortion providers Aka Dems to minority communities.

These activists are exploiting and distorting the facts to serve their antiabortion agenda. They ignore the fundamental reason women have abortions and the underlying problem of racial and ethnic disparities across an array of health indicators. The truth is that behind virtually every abortion is an unintended pregnancy. This applies to all women—black, white, Hispanic, Asian and Native American alike.

https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2008/...bigger-picture