View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 11:31 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Tim Cook made much, much, much more than the average Apple worker in 2021. ... The median pay for Apple employees was $68,254 in 2021, according to Apple's annual proxy statement released Thursday. Cook received $3 million in annual base salary.Jan 10, 2022

Tim Cook earned 1,447 times what a typical Apple employee ...

Investors are being urged to vote against a $99m (£73m) pay package awarded to Apple boss Tim Cook last year. up from $14.8m the year before.

like I said this is what americans are against ...
I agree it's not "fair". It's very unfair that there are billionaires, and babies starving to death. But that doesn't mean it's "bad" that Cook has that money. He'll pay some taxes, he'll spend some, he'll give some to charity, and he'll invest some. ALL of that is good for all of us. No one would be better off if he burned that money.

Let's say his annual compensation is $99M as you mentioned.

According to Wikipedia, Apple has 154,000 employees.

So if Cook worked for free and donated every cent of his $99M to the employees, each would get $642.

Big whoop.

I have worked for large corporations (Aetna, The Hartford, Citigroup). I'd HAPPILY fork over $54 a month to have a world-class CEO.

Liberals looovve to beat this drum. It's pointless. I mean, it's good to encourage those folks to help others, but false to imply Cooks salary is a big reason why Apples employees don't make more. It's an extravagant salary of course, but it's a rounding error on Apples balance sheet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Inc.