View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 12:51 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Paul, George Bush, John McCain, and Mitt Romney, are men of far superior moral character than Trump. But the media and the left hated them too. Bush was a moron and the second coming of Hitler, McCain was a senile old racist, Romney was a heartless plutocrat who hated women.

Your side can't give a fair portrayal of any republican ("fair" meaning an honest depiction of strengths and weaknesses). You all know that a fair/honest portrayal will likely make the republican seem like the one with better policy ideas (precisely why 60% of Americans said they were better off after 4 years of Trump), so you obsess over personal moral lapses, and if there aren't sufficient true examples to demonize the republican, you invent them, calling republicans every kind of hatemonger there is.

That's exactly what led to Trump.

Bush single-handedly caused the subprime mortgage crisis, but Biden has precisely zero ownership of the mess at the southern border, surging crime, or insane inflation.

I don't think Americans are buying that horsebleep anymore.
In 1996 Border Patrol averaged 125,000 arrests a month w/only 6,000 agents. They have nearly 20,000 today! Stop feeding the crisis narrative. The only crisis on the border is the one CBP is creating for migrants. Border Patrol is NOT overwhelmed.

Crime today is about half of what it was at its peak in the 90s

I suppose you’re claiming that the sole cause of inflation is the rescue plan act.

"why are prices so high"

Companies are on track to do a record $1 trillion in stock buybacks this year - twice as much as five years prior.

Remember that the people who set prices are swimming in record profits and using the money to enrich themselves

And blat about food prices but no one ever seems to mention that four companies control 85% of all meat Americans eat.

And yes their profits are all doing quite well right now.

(P.S. 10 poultry execs are currently under indictment for alleged price-fixing)

We are 40 years into a consistent and undeniable pattern of deficits growing under GOP leadership and shrinking under Democratic leadership.

But just keep believing
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin