View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 07:59 AM   #167
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You and the anti abortion need to learn what viability means rather then making up their own science

Let me help

The ability to survive or live successfully.

so at what point in a pregnancy Jim can a baby be removed from the womb and survive on its own. That’s viability

And a sonogram picture isn’t viability
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
(1) I know exactly what viability means. I just don't know why that's the barometer for who is a human being, and who isn't. If viability is the test for what's a human being, does that mean you don't think people who are in a coma are human beings? Or people on ventilators who are being tube fed? Using your logic, then they aren't human. Right? They can't be. See? You're not holding ANY cards. None.

(2) how do you define viability in a baby? You're going to say that after, for example, 5 months it's a human being? So please tell me, what happens at the stroke of midnight, on the last day before viability? You think one second it's not human, and then in the next second - POOF - the heart starts beating and the arms and legs pop out? The baby is never any different at any moment, than it was one minute before that.

There are only 2 significant moments where something changes instantly, conception and birth. So any ban in between those points is stupid, arbitrary, completely meaningless, devoid of any logic. And allowing abortion up until birth is so barbaric that most Americans oppose it. So we're left with conception.