View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 04:29 AM   #255
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

Relax little buckaroo, you live in Mass, you’ll be able to enjoy Pride Month any way you choose

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
and now that we know that men can menstruate and get pregnant, he can still get an abortion if he chooses....

I suspect a lot of leftists out there probably think wdmso, pete, gs and paul are the fringe whackjob element of their wing....

"So, while Naomi is still a pro-choice leftist, she’s smart and intellectually honest. For that reason, she sees the Dobbs decision that reversed Roe v. Wade as an inevitable response to the overreach in which the pro-choice movement engaged:

I believe that the Dobbs decision was an almost inevitable reaction to devastating overreach by the organized pro-choice movement, especially in the last twenty years.

In 1995, Naomi admitted that abortion is the death of a child but rationalized that, in terms of women’s needs, it was still for the greater good. She also warned that the abortion movement would be harmed if it persisted in the lie that the fetus is “a clump of cells” and insisted on pushing abortion later and later into a pregnancy.
After reviewing her stance in 1995, Naomi continued:

I also warned that such mechanistic, amoral language and such increasingly monstrous policies would eventually also create a political scenario that in time was certain to lose: these policies would eventually lose us the reasonable middle: the majority of the country that supports abortion rights in the first trimester but that withdraws its support progressively as pregnancies progress.

Pro-choice activists were not content to defend the right to terminate a pregnancy in the first trimester, which are the limits on readily available abortion throughout Western Europe (where, notably, there is almost no anti-choice activism).

The organized feminist left were not content to use the language or policies that polls supported, of seeking a country in which abortion would be “safe, legal and rare.”

Rather, they pushed, in state after state, to enshrine that “right” up until very the day of a baby’s birth.

At what point does a “right” become a murder?"

Last edited by scottw; 07-02-2022 at 04:47 AM..