View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 11:51 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Will Jim cheer?

Far more new jobs created than expected. Unemployment is 3.6%-down from 6.7% in Trump's last month. Black unemployment now 5.8%--down from 10% in Trump's last month. Hispanic unemployment now 4.3% down from 9.3%.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yes I will cheer. But most of it is because of the economy opening up after covid.

Unemployment was 3.5% - better than 3.6% - in January and February of 2020, until we shut the economy down.

I have said that whoever won the election in 2020 was going to be dealing with gas price hikes and inflation no matter what they did. It' snot all Bidens fault.

By the same token, whoever was elected in 2020 was going to see unemployment drop like a stone as the economy opened back up.

To the extent that gas price increases are caused by covid waning, that's not Bidens fault. To the extent that unemployment decrease is caused by covid waning, that's similarly Biden's doing.

You want it both ways. You want credit for everything that gets better, and zero blame for everything that gets worse. Biden didn't create these jobs, as much as they were recovered from shutting down the country. Him saying that he created these jobs, is the rooster taking credit for the sunrise. He was just there when it happened, he didn't cause it to happen.

Trump got black unemployment down to 5.4% - better than 5.8%.

Pete, you're comparing Bidens post-covid unemployment to what unemployment was when Trump was still dealing with covid.

NO ONE buys that. Nobody. Give it a rest.

Not only were more of us working under Trump, our paychecks were worth $400 more a month for an average family, thanks to inflation.

Oh, you so so deserve what's coming.