View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 09:54 AM   #69
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
nope. many many people
can now move to a cheaper state and keon their salary.

it’s demonstrably false to say i’m an outlier.

ive worked at aetna, travelers, and the hartford, ive never heard of an existing employee being forced to take a pay cut when they move to another state. And when I worked at Travelers for my first job and they were going to regional offices and my boss was going and asked me to consider it he said you can keep your salary but your raises will be lower (and did talk about cost of living).

job postings for new hires will often have higher salaries in blue states. but those salaries are usually then portable

You’re just wrong and making stuff up.

Yup, that extra $$ spent on moms and babies has eliminated all the problems in Bridgeport and hartford.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
How am I making things up when I showed you stats that shows the states that are trying/banning abortion all seem to spend far less $ on babies and the moms? That shows that their philosophy seems to be "show some concern for the fetus (but don't provide $ for vitamins for the mom) but none for the baby or mom". Ignoring all the stats and claiming someone posting the stats is "making things up" is Disingenuous.

I also showed you the average salary (the article had median salary which is a better stat) is far higher in Ct than many of the red states - higher than the 15K you said you would save by moving.

You're an outlier bc most people aren't in a position where they can have their wives stay home to care for their kids bc of their salary (while making some sacrifices). Same as me where my wife and I could pay our mortgage off in 20 years and never have to borrow $ for cars. Most people can't do that these days. I recognize that, I'm not so sure you do.

Last edited by PaulS; 07-28-2022 at 09:59 AM..