View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 01:08 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump’s call for “termination” of the Constitution is solid evidence of intent if he is charged for crimes related to the Jan 6 attacks on the schedule.

Here’s what Special Counsel Jack Smith might argue to the jury:

“Now the defendant wants you to think that this is all a misunderstanding - that he never meant to subvert the Constitution when he urged his armed followers to go to Capitol Hill to ‘stop the steal.’ ‘I’d never subvert the Constitution!’ the defendant wants you to believe.
But we know that is not true - the evidence makes that crystal clear. We know that subverting the Constitution is right in this defendant’s wheelhouse.

“And you don’t have to take my word for it. We know he is ready to subvert the Constitution BECAUSE OF HIS OWN WORDS.

In fact, just a few months ago he took to the social media platform Truth Social to call for the Constitution to be ‘terminated.’

“And that’s what he says in PUBLIC. Imagine what this defendant has to say about the Constitution behind closed doors, alone with his cronies.

So we know darn well, we know beyond any reasonable doubt, that the defendant intended to subvert the Constitution - we know because he’s told us that whenever the Constitution is in his way, he’s ready to abandon it.

That, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is precisely what defendant Donald Trump is accused of in this case - and it’s why I ask you to return the only verdict consistent with the evidence: GUILTY on all counts.”

House Republicans revere the Constitution so much they're going to read it aloud at the first session of the new House. Perhaps they could first take a moment to criticize and denounce this dangerous anti-Constitutional appeal by a man they've defended, supported, and cheered on?

Guess not...............Trump's call to suspend Constitution not a 2024 deal-breaker, leading House Republican says

One would think that the standard bearer of their party openly associating with neo nazis and calling for the dissolution of the Constitution is of considerably more consequence than Hunters laptop.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin