View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 09:22 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Buchanan to Gingrich to Trump, the drivers of the Republican Party have pushed relentlessly toward anger, accusation, isolationism, pessimism and paranoia.

Same gear Jim ..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pat Buchanan and Newt Gingrich are comparable to Trump?

Only if you hate all republicans wayne.

liberals never use accusations and pessimism when painting all conservatives as white supremacist hatemongers

Most americans care about issues and results, not endless character smears. if you look at which party controls what, it’s hard to conclude that we’re not a pretty equally divided, if not a slightly center-right country. I don’t say that only because i like it ( though i do like it), i say it because i don’t think the facts can be taken any other way.

Most people don’t want abortions into the 9th month, they don’t want their daughters being forced to change with boys in girls locker rooms, they don’t want taxes higher than they need to be, and they sure don’t want to be told their kids can’t have normal childhoods because of covid. at the same time, americans don’t want anything to do with trump, they don’t want abortion bans in many states, they don’t want so many AR-15s. .

Taking all that into account, the gop is in a slightly better spot right now.