Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
when you can’t concede that 12.4 is larger than 7,

Still waiting are you self employed

If not you only pay 6.2%

And if you are the business pays 6.2 and the employees pay 6.2

And I don’t insist Dems had balanced. Budgets after Clinton

I basically said there wasn’t a balance budget since Clinton.. never used the word after Clinton now with all the complaints of my spelling and grammatical errors suddenly you take what I say to heart?

An equally impressive trick, is the lefts ability to convince seemingly normal Americans

No the average American doesn’t care what people sex is where they use the bathroom or who they love or if you’re an immigrant

But Republicans have convinced their followers drag queens are evil gays are evil transgender are evil liberals are evil immigrants are evil mail in drop boxes and early voting are evil the FBI IRS the courts and the Government itself are enemies of the American people all the from the party who

Supported Trump and his attempt to steal the election. Seat fake electors. Ask for a certain number of votes to be found. and all the republicans who voted against the certification of the election after the capital was attacked and repeated his election lies ..and now republicans are trying to re write history by investigating trumps investigators With their alternative facts

And everyone is coming to take your white Christian way of life with your jobs and only we the GOP can save you!

Only the cults ignorance allows thid logic to resonate with them and they see Republicans at least in the house as patriots
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Still waiting are you self employed"

Yes and no. I own an LLC that does actuarial consulting. And I also have a job with a company.

"If not you only pay 6.2% "

If not, my employer and I each pay 6.2. So 12.4% goes into SS on my behalf, attached to my SS#. Teachers currently pay 7% (it was 6% when I taught), and the rest has to come from taxpayers.

I'll ask again, is 12.4 more than, or less than, 7?

If 12.4% doesn't fund my SS benefit (and it doesn't), there's no way that 7% of a teachers salary comes close to funding their pension.

"And I don’t insist Dems had balanced. Budgets after Clinton "

You did insist it recently.

"I basically said there wasn’t a balance budget since Clinton"

Go read what you wrote. You said only democrats had balanced the budget after Clinton.

"No the average American doesn’t care what people sex is where they use the bathroom"

I don't think the average american wants their girls to be forced to undress in front of boys at school.

"Republicans have convinced their followers drag queens are evil "

We feel draq queens who enjoy doing their thing in front of children, are weird. As are parents who see nothing wrong with it.

"Supported Trump and his attempt to steal the election"

Democrats supported the house democrats who tried to steal the 2016 election. You won't condemn that. You can't. Because they are democrats, and democrats can never be wrong.

"And everyone is coming to take your white Christian way of life with your jobs and only we the GOP can save you!"

Your side tells Christians they must participate in gay marriage, under penalty of law. Your side said that churches had to close during covid, but liquor stores could stay open, and that mass protests against police could continue. So you could gather with a huge crowd and chant for dead cops, but your side wouldn't let people gather in small crowds to pray.

That's what happened. Whether you like it or not, that's what happened. People who believe in a big god, don't have any need for a big government.