View Single Post
Old 03-18-2004, 08:41 AM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Question MSBA Plug Night/Those That Were There Last Time I Need Input.

I hosted a nite last August at MSBA that was called "Plug Night". Mostly it was made up of folks from this site. We had Bassmaster "Dave" Manzi do a plug building demo. Also many others displayed and sold some of their great plugs. Christian, Tagger, Newell Guy, #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, Johnny The Ratt Boy, KarlF, and I know, since I just woke up that I am forgetting many of you....my apologies. Anyway, the club would like to have "Plug Night" again and I need your input to see if you are interested in doing this again as it is you folks who inspired this night in the first place. As many of you recall, we had a great time last year, and never have we had so many people comment on a nite of entertainment as we had comment on "Plug Night". I am planning on having "Plug Night" once again in August. This year I have several ideas to add a little more spice to the evening. I would again like to have a plug turning demonstration, if any of you would be interested in doing the turning demo, please contact me, there is a paid fee involved for that person. I also would like to know if all of you guys who were there last year would like to come again to display and sell your plugs, please let me know. The more the merrier so all are welcome to participate. I am going to also see if I can get a few people who collect vintage plugs and lures to see if they would be willing to display some of their collection to the membership. If any of you guys would be interested in this please let me know. I also am going to see if I can get a major plug manufacturer to come out and talk about their company and its history. More on that later. Last year we had Al Gags from Gags Grabbers there, he, as always, was great. As many of you know, at every meeting the club has a raffle table, and last years raffle table was full of plugs, many of them donated by you generous folks and there were also many other types of plugs on the table and that was one of the busiest raffles the club has seen in quite awhile. This years raffle table will be very similar with a few twists.....I am going to look into having a couple of vintage plugs on the raffle table to give away. It should be a great time, but I can't make it a reality without the help of those who might be interested so please let me know your feelings on the August date, and if you would be interested in participating. If this happens I can promise a great night of fun for all involved. I look forward to hearing from you all, thanks guys.

Also Bliz will more than likely have his "Plug Display" on hand that so many of you have donated to. (Sorry Bliz, did not mean to forget)

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote