Thread: Your Dead
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2004, 04:09 PM   #18
Scotch Bonnet
USA

I believe in God and in some kind of life after death(I don't think I'll find out exactly what it is til I get there).

I grew up Catholic but as an adult I don't agree with what the church has to offer. If I had to pick a "religion" to be associated with it would have to be Buddism. Their philosophies make more sense to me. I have a hard time believing all the "stories" in the Bible. Evolution is more believable to me than adam and eve. I don't believe Jesus is the only "son of God"(I think we all are). I believe money is at the heart of most modern religions - The Catholic church selling Watch Hill mansion(vow of poverty?) to fund sex abuse settlements, Christians giving 25% of their income to the church, etc, etc. It all doesn't sit well in my heart.

I try to take a little from each religion and live my life the way I think is right. I pray every night and try to find God in every aspect of my day. Church to me is a warm June sunset, alone in my boat on the Salt Pond with Bass breaking all around me( and theres nobody sticking a basket in my face looking for a buck!!!)
Scotch Bonnet is offline   Reply With Quote