View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 02:02 PM   #13
Jimbo

I'm sort of in the same boat as SK'sD. My mother's a Capee, I'm not, plain and simple. Growing up, better than a quarter of the entire year was spent there. Always stayed in the same summer house on the compound my great, great grandfather bought back after the Civil War... still do stay there just not as much, but I pay taxes, and now I take care of all upkeep since my folks retired somewhere else up there. I was the summer kid at Mr Wilson's Recreation Program over at John Simpkins, and I had a job every summer from the age of 10, I took driver's ed at D-Y, courses at 4C's, spent 8 years driving a garbage truck for AH Crowell all over Dennis, bartended, painted houses, cut grass. I know better than anyone "I'm not from there" and maybe it's one of my regrets in life, but I have no control over that. I never treated the place nor the people with any sort of disrespect and it's pretty insulting to be stereotyped as someone to the contrary just because some local decides he doesn't want anyone who's not like him to cross the Sagamore anymore. That kind of thinking didn't work for a certain short German with a little mustach either. At the very least I doubt anyone from this board who was born off-Cape are the loud, littering, rude people referred to in the beginning of this thread, though they do exist, I'm sure of that.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote