View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 12:05 PM   #16
Flaptail

Angry

The part I still don't understand is if Osama and his posse are the reasons for the two WTC bombings and bombings in Africa, Bali, the Cole etc., and are "the" major terror threat to our freedom Why did Bush go and send us to war against Iraq? 2.5 Billion is a lot of cake and the poor troops fighting and dying there ( now over 1000 since the war "ended"). Seems to me we (he) should have made vaporizing Osama and his gang the first top priority then deal with a despotic maniac like Saddam. The terrorists arte still active because we turned our assets and young american lives elsewhere. I find it hard to believe that Kerry or anybody for that matter would turn away from the Al-Qaida problem although W did. Tommy Franks the american general who headed up the war (when it was officially on) says that Bush and Cheney and that war mungor Rumsfeld took away practically all the Afghan campaign assets ( when we were actually getting close to the Big O) and turned thier attention to Iraq. Gotta bring a smile to 'ol Osama's face when he thinks about it don't you think?

Then there are W's economics policies. That rebate you got for 600 bucks last year was just a front from the feds on the next years tax return ( if you were lucky enough to get one if not guess what you owed them the 600 bills back) Publicity stunt. The oil companies reported a 32% increase over last years profits. Now if you know a little about accounting practises of large corporations you know that the percentage was larger but that the bean counters just could not hide anymore so the fess up to 32%. Oh yeah, 32% was the largest increase in the last few years. Amazing coincidence that your gas at the pump was so high during the same period isn't it?

Then there are W's free trade/global economy strategies. For example I bet all of you out there at one time or another have owned a pair of Levi's Jeans ( unless you are a complete preppy).
W's policy has enabled Levi's ( a very old american company) to close all it's remaining US and Canadian plants ( I wasn't wild about the Canada thing but hey, someday they will be part of the good 'ol USA so I let it slide) In early 2004 Levi's announced that they were closing the last two plants in the US and moving them and the jobs to latin America and Asia. 3300 people lost thier jobs
3300 loyal american citizens. And to top it off the board of Levi's, in recognition of his hard work, gave the CEO of the company a 22 million dollar bonus ( one year's bonus). Talk about F&*^%$ up. I agree with Kerry on that part.

It's too bad that all we have to choose from is these two jamokes. There are people out there who could and should be president but you need to be wealthy, have a spotless record and be immune to the horsepucky that is gonna be brought down on you. Cheney is using plain old scare tactics and that is a real shame. W's a puppet on a string and people like Cheney, Rumsfeld and Ashcroft are pulling his strings. It's time W let Daddy's war go. We cannot win in a country that doesn't want us there. Saddam is done so let's hit the road. It reminds me of Vietnam in some ways. It's peace with honor time. In the near future once we get out of there and get back to the hunt for Osama you will be able to go to your local Old Navy store and buy shirts and pants and sandals that say "Made In Iraq" just like right now they say "Made In Vietnam", guess that's what my brother John died for on March 11th, 1969.

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote