View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 10:59 AM   #16
Skip N

Quote:
Originally posted by Eben
we were not. but we were attacked by japan.
The case with Germany is that they were on a rampage and they were about to cross into England. We stepped in and saved the day.

Maybe my history lesons are fading but thats more like Operation Desert Storm. and Correct me if i'm wrong, but that operation was highly supported.
Germany had been on the rampage since 1939 when they invaded Poland, then France the low countries and the constant bombing of England. The US did pretty much nothing while all this was going on. I believe they were supplyng the brits but we sent no troops or whatnot to help out while the entire world was at war. We only went to war with Germany becuase they declared war on us after Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. How much longer would the US have stayed out of the conflict if Pearl Harbor was not atacked?? We should have been right in the fight from the start but we held out for whatever reason and let Germany rampage all of Europe. So to say the US stepped in to save to the day right away is false and not accuarate. The US did nothing for what, 2 years while Germany destroyed Europe and bombed the #^&#^&#^&#^& out of our closests allies the Brits. Please check your history because that statement is not accuarate.
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote