View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 02:33 PM   #41
Big Vern
Hooked

A bag of herb is FAR easier for a high schooler to obtain than any amount of alcohol. Had that very conversation with my cousin on Thanksgiving.

The government should legalize the weed and tax the piss out of it instead of spending millions/billions trying to fight it. Turn a loss into a gain in an endeavor that is doomed to fail.

If alcohol is legal, weed should definitely be legal. I would feel far safer around someone that is stoned than someone that is drunk. Do people smoke a bone and get into fights? No. Do people smoke a bone and drive fast and out of control? No. Do people smoke a bone and do things they regret? Unless they regretted watching a bad movie, most probably not.

Also,I have many friends that have battled the alcohol/drug demons, and I will say that none had any problems with pot. Booze? Yes. Coke? Oh yeah. Heroin? Most definitely. Make the weed legal, tax it, and throw the proceeds and savings into fighting OC's, coke, and heroin. Those are the real problem drugs. Well...those and the worst of all, booze.
Big Vern is offline   Reply With Quote