View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 09:45 AM   #1
fishing bum wannabe

Home made duplicator owners

Over the last couple of years years I have seen pictures of a few home made duplicators. After my post there were several people that made their own. Some posted pictures, some didn't. Some of those pictures have been lost. I have had any number of people ask questions about building a duplicator, and I know that there are better built duplicators than I built, and I would like to document them. Mine was cobbled together from material I had lying around the shop, based on a vague memory of a magazine article I had read 20+ years earlier. But it still works well. Some others, such as Capesams incorporated routers to improve the process (the posted pictures of Capesams duplicator were lost). Others, such as Professor Moriarties, are works of art, machined out of billets of aluminum. I have seen plugs built from many of them and all of the duplicators seem to work.

What I would like to do is get pictures of existing duplicators, the users experiences, suggested improvements etc. These would be edited into an article that would be posted on the web, maybe hosted on S-B.com if JohnR has the space. I can get my son to build a site that could be useful to people trying to build their first duplicator, upgrade their current one or are just curious what others have done.

Please get in touch with me if you are intersted in participating. Also, even if you are not interested in participating in the article, but have built a duplicator, I would like to hear from you and find out how many people built their own duplicators.

Thank you.

fishing bum wannabe
fishing bum wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote