Thread: Truck fun, NOT
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 07:19 AM   #8
Flaptail

Thumbs down

Ha, that's nothing. Two weeks ago Tuesday I was on my way to the Monomoy meeting at thier HQ on Morris Island and lost my steering pump. Okay I can handle that but then I hit something and don't know it but took out my transmission cooler lines and the truck is bleeding luck a stuck pig. Fine, stop in Harwich on the way home from the meeting and discover the fluid leak and freak. Buy umpteen bottles of tranny fluid and dump them in and limp home. Get it ti the chevy dealers and the steering pump, tranny cooler lines and pump and some tranny work need to be done. It's in four days. Pay that bill ( almost needed oxygen) and drive home. Wicked shimmy develops in the front end. Go back to the chevy dealer and he says ( the service manager) it's your tires. They are old, hard and cracked and there is some belt slippage (belt slippage?). I will make an appointment I tell him. Next day go to get my inspection sticker (waited too long as usual). FAIL! Mechanic says, " you been gettin a shimmy in the front end? Yep I say. Upper and lower ball joints and an idler arm later I am off. Get the rejected sticker off and get ther real sticker. Guess what, now I need a front end alignment and I do need four new sneakers for the thing. How much? $569.00 Total fot the alignment and tires. Almost two grand in a weeks time. I told the chevy salesman who happened to be listening to my dilemma and wanted to show me a new GM truck that I wasn't interested. From now on it's Toyota. I never thought I would say that but part of the american car manufacturers design in modern cars and trucks is based on planned obsolescence. Going Japanese after the season is over ( maybe sooner if the f&*^%$#@ breaks down again or develops another problem.)

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote