Thread: Conditioning
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #5
Bronko

Angry

So true Flaptail. So true. This "conditioning" is more about society and not really party specific. It has spanned a number of administrations and generations. People tend not to think outside the box. We can all see this is happening, yet what do we do? We believe a line of BS that a leader in our respective political parties feed us and we vote for that person. Lets face it, when we vote for a candidate who says, "I'll fix education and lower oil prices"....do we believe that this will actually be accomplished? We would LIKE it to happen, but it never does. Because the members of congress who are unhappy with the candidate selected, do everything they can to kill any bill or any policy with new initiative to spite the other party.

Unfortunately prices of oil and education will continue in the two steps forward one step back mode and we will have to find ways to combat the increases through more work/jobs and personal sacrifice. I look back (12 years) at what my parents paid for college and I am astounded. I thought $30 was astronomical in 1993! You will be paying $44k per year! What the hell will my kids be paying????I try to put this stuff out of mind with a wedding coming up in June, but it seems impossible not to think about it. I guess I'll just have to try and fish away the pain. BTW Flap, Skidmore or BU??
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote