Thread: Conditioning
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 10:46 PM   #14
Rob Rockcrawler

I have to agree with jake about universa health care, it is long overdue. RIght now i have a job that sucks and pays a crappy wage but its got bennies, so i feel somewhat greatful, ive turned down many otehr jobs because of a lack of insurance, ot insurance after 60-90 days. Even with my crap insurance it cost me 185 bucks out of pocket for a tetnus shot<damn fish hook>. I dont know what the national average for health care spending per person is but i know it is substantial, i believe it is approachjing 5% of the gdp. If all of that money was in circulation there would be a lot more spending, strenghtening our economy, or put into savings. Our health care system is seriously flawed and i think everyone realizes that, yet nothing gets done. Hillary care is sounding pretty good now. I for one wouldnt mind a flat tax across the board to pay for health care, it would eliminate the cost of the coverage for businesses, maybe that could create a few more jobs. Tons of capitol would be freed up for more investment in industry, and dont forget that americans would have more spendable income to buy the goods that americans manufacture. The medical care i have received in the past couple years wasnt anything to write home about, it already is sub-par, i feel like a number. I dated a canadian for a while and her care was good, i didnt hear her complain at all. When she thought about moving here she was a bit sceptical of our system. Sure Canada, Sweden, Great Britain, and most other developed countries dont have a perfect health care system but it is better than ours in many ways. I can argue this till i turn blue in the face or till my fingers get blisters, im done...

P.S. Thank God fishing season is here, this stuff gets the blood pressure up, glad i dont need meds for it, WOW that stuff is expensive...

Everything is better on the rocks.
Rob Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote