View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 05:39 PM   #30
teaser
Wave Jumper

You got me Nightfighter! You figured out my madness!

That's what I was trying to convey in my response, I'm just trying to express my point of view having dealt with this on numerous occasions. It was stated before that the problem usually ends up being a contractors nightmare more than a homeowners because the job was not prepared the correct way and too many corners get cut by covering up potential problems just to save a buck, whether intentional or not by the homeowner (to save a buck) it is true that it will come back and bite you in the ass sooner or later.

We as contractors have to try to explain the problem to the customer in the later stage of a problem and explain the high cost of the repair without coming off as a ripoff artist, yes there is those guys out there that prey upon the unsuspecting homeowner and sooner or later they'll get theirs but I know I can sleep at night knowing I gave my customers the best product they can afford and the best job I could possibly do for them.

I think that's what's missing out there now ... PRIDE in one's work, not just the coins. I've always remembered the commercial where the line goes ...

"You can pay me now or you can pay me later", and I tell everyone the same thing ... "You get what you pay for".

Good luck BobT, keep us posted.

Insanity is a long and winding road ... I think I finally made it there.
teaser is offline   Reply With Quote