Thread: Gas Prices
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 05:02 AM   #8
Mr. Sandman

was 3.25 here at the street last time I looked. Yukon XL will take $84 on a fill up. Lasts me about a month though. Now that the beach is open I suspect it will be much less now. Then you have gas for the boat, she takes about 135 gals every two weeks if I skimp on my trips. (several charter guys I know are burning about 40-60 gal/day) Most boats get about 2 mi per gal, some get less then one. I need a small nuclear reactor, initial cost is high but you can run those babies wide open for 30 years before your next fill up.

IMO, All we need to do is start pumping from from out own supply anc threaten to reduce the amount we will buy from overseas...once we do that the overseas price will fall deeply, they need our $ for oil, that is all they have. We could control the overseas price via pumping from our supply. Don't think so? What to you think would happen if we suddenly said to the Arabs, we will only need to purchase 1/2 of what we did last year...unless of course we get a favorable price then we might purchase more.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote