Thread: Gas Prices
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 06:04 PM   #103
Homerun04
Which Way Did They Go

Send a message via AIM to Homerun04
Sandman - nice analysis.

Not that I am for it, but when Einstein, Bohr and other noted theoretical physicists decided to spilt an atom to release it's energy, that was a revolutionary concept of releasing - therfore transferring - energy. All I am saying is we need that kind of "out-of-the-box" thinking again....and soon.

I think there might be even better ways to release energy then splitting atoms, due to the energy by-product of radiation released during that process. Let's figure out how to turn a turbine using only pressurized steam, and harness that pressurized steam for use when and where we need it.....then, we might be on to something. Robert Fulton is still waiting for us to "get it".......imagine filling your car/truck at the nearest pond, lake, bay, etc. and the only by-product is steam -- which would evaporate, condense, come down as rain to be used all over again. Totally enclosed, zero waste cycle. Nothing more efficient.

Can't a case be made that the expansive use of the combustion engine (diesel, gas, etc) over the past 100 years was based on our society's inability to be patient and wait to more fully develop alternative sources? Looking to history will show that America's insatiable appetite for combustion technology was fueled by our military's need for quick, powerful, dependable energy during WWI.....and it was the right decision to move fast forward in this direction due to the national security ramifications of winning WWI and WWII.......but perhaps it is time we re-think where we spend our R&D dollars.

Last edited by Homerun04; 09-01-2005 at 06:11 PM..

"You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give"
Homerun04 is offline   Reply With Quote