Thread: Gas Prices
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 06:21 PM   #104
Diamond Tackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerun04
Next wealthest person in the world (sorry Bill Gates, you will be replaced) will be the person who designs a commercially affordable non-combustion engine......one that runs on a non-pollutant alternative source......duh......why not solar???.......H2O???.......wind???.....all are free, and all have ZERO negative by-products......

Man, I wish I was an engineer..............
How do you know this has not already been done?, and the idea was already bought out and BURIED for a long long time. This may be why the OPEC countries are so arrogant. The technology is available on a larger scale as some of our Subs run on H2O, splitting the molecule, creating Oxygen and Hydrogen, their only limitation is food on board.
I also mentioned this before, I owned a Honda CRX that got avg 52 mpg (on gas) & around town .This was back in like 1987, almost 20 yrs ago. Today we struggle to make 40 mpg cars???? Whos BS'ing who? Technology is deliberately being held back as long as possible til all the fossil fuel $ has been made and divided, and god help you if you get in their way.

"Solar even at 100% efficiency is not going to do it. It might help charge a battery but it is not reliable and has such a low energy density it will be impossible to power much of anything."

Sorry, I Disagree with you on this one.
You can set up your entire house to run completely on solar(heat,hot water, and ALL appliances) for about $36K. Then you get approx $20KTotal in grants from the Govt and credits from the power co. In other words it will cost you $16K out of pocket. Your avg elect bill will then be $5- 50/month as you will sell electricity back to the util co. during sunny days and only use their elect at night. I saw this exact scenario recently on a tv program, its no BS. This is a 20-25 % return on your investment, and you are liberated from all future increases. Solar is starting to sound real good

Another small note.
Someone mentioned forget about Canola oil etc?
The Diesel engine was INVENTED to run on Peanut Oil . Thats right, the first diesel ran long BEFORE the oil companies made the fuel to run it. The oil companies then later manufactured #2 fuel/ diesel .
Again, whos BS'ing who?

Last edited by Diamond Tackle; 09-01-2005 at 06:44 PM..

Diamond Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote