View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 07:38 PM   #9
NJTackle
#1 Plug Building Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Johnson
We dumped comcast because they kept raising the price and kept reducing the number of channels. plus we did not like the idea of paying rent for boxes and remotes. Switched to direct TV our bill is 49.99 and we have far more channels. The only time we lose reception is when a violent thunderstorm approaches from the south. There are alot of programing option like parental lock out and personlized channel programing. We will never go back to cable.
I also dumped Comcast as their service got more and more expensive with fewer channels. Their service agents are probably worth less then the service itself. Don't ever try to get anything technical out of them.

As for the service of Direct TV going out during storms, I've had Comcast go out more during storms then my Direct TV. Where do you think Comcast gets their signals from - Satellite!! If there is a storm near you or near their central office what's the difference. You'll still get those nasty outages or picture flickers. I've got an extremely clear shot to the southern sky and get 100% signal strength. That may play a factor when compairing to someone else who may only get 80% or so. During the first few storms we had I thought DirectTV would go out but didn't. Its only during the extremely hard downpours that it may go out for a few seconds, then back on, then out for a few seconds...etc. This may last for just a few minutes, while the REAL heavy stuff comes down. Never had a problem during a snow storm, fog, or just a steady rain.

I switched over 4 years ago and love it! I have 3 rooms equipped with the main Den setup with DirectTV and Tivo - AN EXCELLENT PACKAGE!!!!!!

NJTackle is offline   Reply With Quote