View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 11:09 AM   #2
capecodder

I don't know the Bose system you're describing but I would be careful. To me, the RCA outputs imply that they do not have the ability to drive speakers (amplifier) but that the output is to a powered system, an amplifier or Bose powered speakers.

Any receiver with an integrated amplifier (that I have seen) has speaker outputs (wire/banana style plugs) to drive speakers and that is what the power rating of the receiver specifies (ie 100W into 8ohms). Thus in your old system, the receiver is driving the speakers directly through its integrated amplifier.

I believe that Bose sells "Powered" speaker systems (along with standard) where the amplifier to drive to the speakers is contained in the sub woofer and all the other the speakers are driven from there. Thus all that is required from the receiver is the signal output without the power capacity of an amplifier. If this is the case, hooking your speakers to that ouput will blow the circuit from the receiver as it will be unable to drive the low impedance of the speakers.
capecodder is offline   Reply With Quote