View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 05:16 PM   #24
Backbeach Jake

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowingTimber
try finding someone who can fish 6-7 nights a weeks Mid May to Mid to December. Let me know if you find 'em.
Vic, you're a fish hammering machine! Even I can't do 6-7 nights for that long. Maybe a month straight, then it's back to 2-3or 4.
Oh yeah, Sportsmen. I came up in the surfcasting life in the early 60's. We never bought bait, always dug,trapped or snagged our own. If you pulled out a plug, the others would wonder why you weren't fishing. We bait fished and hammered fish. We started in March with cod at Head of the Meadow. Sometimes we had to cast from the parking lot or dune because the waves wouldn't allow you to set up on the beach, and we still caught fish. Sometimes I can't believe the bitter cold weather and wind that we fished in . There were damn few who fished like that then and I believe there are fewer now. Fewer because there are fewer cod to be had from the beach. But I believe that there are more who fish at night between May and November for bass. We saw very few at night back when. Anyway from what I see in the field, there may be fewer hard core sportsmen , but what I see for sale in stores and catalogues, there must be more. Who's buying all that stuff?

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote