View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 02:45 PM   #72
spence

I don't think you can read...you're the one who said

Quote:
The illegal immigrants are benifiting from this country and they do not contribute anything in return.
Which is simply absurd...

Regarding tax contributions. I freely admit my statement was based on potentially pro-immigration comments I heard, and as such I don't know how it was computed...

But that doesn't diminish its relative merrit, as I not arguing there's parity...Rather that illegal workers do make a substantial tax contribution. There's no need for a correction, and I've freely added the proper context.

I have read that it's estimated illegals pay up to 7 Billion in Social Security taxes alone yearly, and this doesn't factor in Medicare, state, sales or property taxes which would add considerably. Much of this they see no benefit from.

Nor does it calculate the benefit you receive from potentially low wage workers helping to deliver services and products at a lower cost to you because of a lower standard of living or other basic care being subsidized by other people...

You're still dodging the issue, illegals do contribute and that has to be factored into the solution.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote