View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 04:19 PM   #79
ScottC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfcastinglife
portuguese is as much brazillian as british is american

Hahah, there are more portuguese in brazil then in Portugal haha My family tree has so many of both that it's really hard to tell where everyone started out. It is not like over here, where you ask someone who's faminly has been here for 300 years what they are, and they say English ahaha, yeah right. And it strikes me funny how some say your not american unless your indian, why it this? Is this because we know exactly were we came from and when we got here? In that case, indians are not Americans, they are canadiens. I watched a show on discovery that claims indians migrated here from the far north. At what point do we call ourselves what we are? If you live here and pay your taxes, your an American, if you go to your so called "mother country", they will call you American as well, and probably a few other names hahah.

And if anyone wants to try to take thier country back, let them. How many indians today can live the way they did before it ws taken over? I worked with a black guy who went back to Africa to see where he came from, he said he would never go back, why would he? We are all americans, unless ofcourse you're here illegally, then your a criminal.
ScottC is offline   Reply With Quote