Thread: EBAY GRUMPAGE!!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 06:00 PM   #8
Vermonter

Ive never had problems on ebay. Like others, I waited and bid late, and have always been diligent about checking feedback but I get the feeling Im getting the run around on my latest ebay purchase. Guy emailed me for the first time today(won the item 2weeks ago and sent payment 4 days later) to say he had just received my payment and that he would be shipping it out today, this for a letter I could have driven there in 2 1/2 hours. I email back to say that I assume he was on vacation and that since I had added 3.00 for insurance(new Lami 1322 rod) that I would be looking forward to him sending me my tracking number this evening. Got an email an hour ago from him now claiming that I had made the money order out wrong, so I email him back after copying the original invoice payment details where it says his name and not his company number(which is only his last name followed by "sales"). I add also that any bank which is familiar with him will deposit that to his account. No word since. Havent got a good feeling about this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn
Thanks guys.....well I have a good update believe it or not. After multiple phone calls we finally heard what we needed to hear......we will get our $$$$ back. I really didnt want it to turn ugly.

Should have known better I know. Checked feed back....was good....also it was a business selling an item...but ha d we known the nature of the business before hand we would have bailed....oh well have to take the four hour round trip again on saturday to return it but for some reason it doesnt bother me knowing we are getting the $$$ back.

Live and learn......
Vermonter is offline   Reply With Quote