Thread: Hunting gear
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 08:43 PM   #6
maddog2020

I use to hunt sea ducks in late Jan - grand ol' time ..... getting ice built up on your gear and wader .... lol. Wouldn't have traded it for anything since it was some alone time w/ my Dad growing up. Over the yrs he didn't and his friend don't want to go any more and they rather sleep in now that they are both retired.

I use to buy my gear from Lew Hortons in Framingham when they use to do retail. Only place close to me is Natick Outdoor Store, but they don't cater to duck hunters at all (nice selection of Benelli shotguns...lol) . I don't know of any good place local that carried decent hunting gear. When I was a bit younger and single, I would drive up to LL Bean at 11pm and shop for a couple of hrs and then drive back home to take a shower and head into work before 6 am. LLB has some outlet stores spread around in southern/central NH and at Freeport - usually plenty of misc. outdoor gear.

I hate buying clothes since I am shaped funny - more often than not it just doesn't fit so I rather not deal w/ hassel of sending it back. If it is on clearance/sale sometimes I buy two sizes and return the one that doesn't fit. Cabelas has a good selection of clothes & boots. Both LLBean & Cabelas stand behind what they sell so if you breaks or wears out prematurely they will replace it or refund $.

KTP doesn't carry the selection they use to over the past few yrs. I have noticed they cater to women & kids (huge selection of stuff for them not to buy now - no tire kickers there: hard core shoppers).

Ray 'md2020'
maddog2020 is offline   Reply With Quote