View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 12:32 PM   #39
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I agree 100% with Dad Fishmerman, I have both kids in the "Messiah" stage right now, 2yrs and 4. Sometimes the cuteness is overwhelming, my son (2) who is potty training, follows me into the toilet and says "Good job Daddy!" when I take a leak. I remember stressing like you but I think nature has away of dealing with it, the first few months were MISERABLE for me. No sleep, constant work, schedule all messed up. Then you get into a groove and it gets better, and by that point you barely remember what your life was like before the baby arrived. So its all uphill from there. AS most said, its a balance. You get to enjoy so many things that you take for granted as an adult all over again. Everything is new, wait until thr first time you turn off thr lights in a room and shine a flashlight, it blew my kids mind. The crawled around trying to catch the light beam. You'll be fine, everyone goes through it, it will test your patience. Pick up a book that just came out - Wisdom of Our Fathers by Tim Russert, you'll realize how important your new job as father is and the rest of the stuff is just details
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote