View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 11:51 AM   #7
BMEUPSCOTTY

I guess it's all relative. I've never caught a 30 in my life, and right now it will take 33 to make the board for our team, who could use the help as it seems we have fallen to 4th. I definitely would have kept that $25 in my pocket if I thought I couldn't bring myself to weigh a fish. I don' have the guilt of an ex-comm. guy either, so I can't really relate. I have never even seen a 30 pound fish in person.
With the condition of the teen and twenty fish I have caught lately, I know there is no way that a thirty pound fish that I catch will survive.
Am I an a****** because I can't afford a new more powerfull rig so I can hydroplane these fish in as fast as possible just to release them? I still have a love of the fight; that seems to be just celebrating the strike and hook up.

I think you are doing the right thing, for you. I don't really feel qualified to comment. We are at much diffferent stages of our fishing career..

ps It may have been hard not to weigh them in, but it proved impossible not to tell anyone about them. Maybe that is the next level ...

Last edited by BMEUPSCOTTY; 07-29-2006 at 12:13 PM..
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote