Thread: Weekend Plans??
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2002, 07:53 AM   #15
jeffsod

Ok, so I went. What a nice night to be out on the beach! Shooting stars were awesome. Nothing like the cape for skywatching. The first beach I stopped at the wave crests were not soo white (four mile for all you old time surfers) so I continued up the road north on to hollow ground and found many cars in the lot at the end of the road so I figured there must be some clear water here. Well there was a campfire and a party going on so maybe there aren't any fisherman here. Not much mung showing on the waters edge and a lot of dead skates so worth a try. Cast out, retrieve, hmmm not bad. Fishable. First goal achieved. Found fishable water. Fished and walked north for a while enjoying the show skyward. Stopped and talked to a guy and his son fishing eels who were in the process of de-munging their line. They said it was cleaner last night (sat.) and got six fish, didn't ask what size, so I continued on and found a cleaner section and second cast I hook up. Cool. A 25 inch fish nothing huge but hey its a fish. I fished for another hour while working up the beach and back but no more fish. Goal acheived though, found fishable water without a clue where I was going to find such and managed to catch a fish.
jeffsod is offline   Reply With Quote