View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 05:15 PM   #1
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Unhappy no consideration what so ever

for neighbors anymore. Having a second cup of coffee on the front porch this morning, Sunday, and around 9am. the retired guy down the street starts his

back pack. Freekin guy has no grass, just a driveway and a patio. Blows,who knows what, for 2 hrs. Then around noon ,the guy across the street

who never cuts his lawn, gets out his weed wacker and proceeds to cut it than uses a backpack to blow it into piles. What happened to

rakes. I just started the grill for supper, and the girl on the other street proceeds to blow her 20x20 driveway off with the large 8hp little

wonder blower that has needed a spark plug for the last 5 years. The thing starts,spits, sputters, stalls, she starts it again. She repeats it until

finally 1/2 hr later it's done. How about a broom lady. We named her, "stop and start".

We used to have an unwritten neighborhood code, that nobody cut their lawn til after 10am on Saturdays, and rarely if ever on Sunday.

Neighbors would stop by and talk, the kids would all play, and family members would come by to visit and have a meal. That's what

weekends were for. People just had consideration for others as maybe they wanted to sleep in, have a quiet morning, or have a meal in peace.

No more, it's i'm gonna do what i want to do when i want to do it. No consideration.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote