Thread: Aquariums
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #19
teaser
Wave Jumper

Motox,

The saltwater here will definately support any saltwater fish from anywhere. You just have to check the salinity level and balance it out at what you want ppm (parts per million).

As far as FW rocks go just pick out some rocks that you want to use, put them one at a time in a clean 5 gal. bucket filled with H20 and then check the Ph levels on them, if it doesn't go up then you're safe. Rule of thought though ... NO rocks that contain iron.

When you say your putting pool sand in your tank where are you putting the sand? If you are putting the sand over the gravel what type of filter system are you using now? If you have uplift tubes then forget about the sand because it'll block the undergravel filter.

The only way to do it with sand is lose the undergravel filter if in fact is what you are using now, if you are using a filter that hangs off the side of the tank then that's fine as long as the intake tube doesn't hang down to the sand, and once a week stir the sand up to get the undigested food to go up in the filter.

If you have any more questions I'll try my best to help you out.

Insanity is a long and winding road ... I think I finally made it there.
teaser is offline   Reply With Quote