View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 09:42 PM   #19
maddog2020

Red's isn't # 1 any more - move over to Sprague's!

I stand corrected: you use to see people pulling the meat out of the lobster's at Red's. I hadn't been up that way for a few yrs and we popped up there on Wednesday.

I had two lobster rolls and a clam cake burger plus some frieds. It wasn't bad - not as good as I remembered from few yrs back.

The line was LONG - I think it took almost a hour from the time we got in line until the food came.

Now I noticed the place across the street called Sprague's. Well after we ate I was still hungry so we crossed the street and went out on the pier to try the chow. I ordered a lobster roll and some hand cut fries. I told the lady there I was in line across the street for an hr and how their food stacked up. She felt they had a better product. The lobster roll at Sprague's was BETTER !!! Roll was hot and they had a little chopped lettuce underneath and the meat was seasoned w/ a little more mayo (not as heaped as Red's, but it was a few dollars less). The had cut fries were awesome! I walked back up to the window and told them their lobster roll was very respectable - in fact it was BETTER than Red's. The lady and the guy in there were smiling something fierce and thanks me for crossing over! I told them I would spread the word as well.

$80 later; I was in a lobster roll coma.

Ray 'md2020'
maddog2020 is offline   Reply With Quote